TPG Community

Get online support

Bridging Archer VR500v with VR1600V

asif247
Level 2

Hi TPG community,

I recently got Archer VR500v modem/router as part of an upgrade to my nbn plan with tpg. As part of my previous plan I also have a VR1600V model/router, that I now want to bridge with VR500v to serve as a secondary router to extendge wifi range around my house. I am struggling with getting that enabled by following through the instructions listed here:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-turn-on-bridge-mode-on-the-TP-Link-1600v/t...

Does anyone have any recommendations on this? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @asif247 . What type of NBN connection do you have?

Do you want to keep the VR1600 as the main router and connect the VR500 as the extended router? Or, have the VR500 as the main router and VR1600 as extended router? The extended router is connected lan to lan and dhcp disabled.

Whichever way, there are options for how you setup the wifi.

Shane

You may try @david64's recommendation.

Choose one of the two modem/router as the Main modem and then connect the other Archer modem via LAN to serve as extension router and simply disable the DHCP function. By doing this you do not need to perform bridge mode.

Let us know how it will go.

Hi @asif247 . What type of NBN connection do you have?

Do you want to keep the VR1600 as the main router and connect the VR500 as the extended router? Or, have the VR500 as the main router and VR1600 as extended router? The extended router is connected lan to lan and dhcp disabled.

Whichever way, there are options for how you setup the wifi.

Hi TPG community,

I recently got Archer VR500v modem/router as part of an upgrade to my nbn plan with tpg. As part of my previous plan I also have a VR1600V model/router, that I now want to bridge with VR500v to serve as a secondary router to extendge wifi range around my house. I am struggling with getting that enabled by following through the instructions listed here:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-turn-on-bridge-mode-on-the-TP-Link-1600v/t...

Does anyone have any recommendations on this? Thanks