TPG Community

Get online support

Can we access Remote Management via the new TP Link Modem AX5400 via IPv6

manly009
Level 2

Dear Friends,

I have recently moved to TPG 4G Home Wireless. I have received my Modem TP link AX5400 with pre-loaded Sim in it so I can get 4G signal directly. Now I was trying to access the Modem or internal Camera Server at home from External, have not had a success. Tried setting up Port Forwarding with virtual server, disable Firewall, Enabled Remote Management for Modem etc.  

And I rang TPG advanced support, and I was told now 4G Home wireless only do IPv6. Wondering if there is a way I can still access from external by IPv6? or Anyone had any success? 

Thanks a lot,

Mang

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @manly009 . Have a look at these articles on Home Wireless Broadband.

CG-NAT will prevent you accessing your home network.

manly009
Level 2

Cool thanks now make sense. 

Is there a service that I pay to get a unique Static IP for my home wireless 4g? 

Thanks

Manly

david64
Level 15

@manly009 . You can't opt out of cgnat for 4G. Must be something in the design that forces cgnat. 

manly009
Level 2

Can this be implemented by IPv6? Will 4G home wireless come along with public unique IPv6? Would it be able to do on AX5400 Modem supplied by TPG? 

Thanks

Manly

david64
Level 15

@manly009 . Don't know that. The Home Wireless network might run on IPv6 internally but might have to go out through an IPv4 gateway.

Can you open a new thread about this. Just say you are on Home Wireless with AX5400. You know port forwarding, etc doesn't work because of CGNAT and you've read the articles on Home Wireless, and you can't opt out of CGNAT.

Your questions:

Does TPG plan to upgrade Home Wireless so a user can get a proper dynamic IPv4 address for port forwarding?

Does TPG plan to upgrade Home Wireless to IPv6 so a user can have a static IPv6 address for port forwarding?