TPG Community

Get online support

Cant log into admin interface on modem

jackdavis42
Level 2
Hi,

I have just received an email from WNAP telling me to change the port forwarding settings on the NBN modem. When I attempted to log into the NBN modem modem at 192.168.1.1 it wouldn’t let me in,in fact it says there is no server there! How do I actually access the modem?
7 REPLIES 7
jackdavis42
Level 2
That was QNAP not WNAP
jackdavis42
Level 2
Ok, short circuiting the inevitable questions: I have tried ethernet, two different wireless networks, windows10, mac, android 11, Mac with current safari. None of the options above can see the web interface. It says there is no server at that IP address
david64
Level 15

Hi @jackdavis42 . Do ipconfig on Windows computer and check default gateway address. This is the router's address.

If it is 192.168.1.1:

can you ping it?

can you      telnet 192.168.1.1 80    

You can try turning it off and on.

Last resort is factory reset but that will clear all settings.

jackdavis42
Level 2

I can telnet into that ip address and port. It's clearly connected to *something* but I don't know the command set to turn off and on. There is no command prompt and ? doesn't provide anything

What do I type once I'm in the telnet session?

david64
Level 15

@jackdavis42 . Telnet only shows that the web server is running. Can you try to logon from another device?

I meant just turn its power off and on at switch. It takes a few minutes to reconnect and comes up with a new wan ip address.

jackdavis42
Level 2

OK, I'm back home from work. I can see the tp-link webpage but now it refuses to accept the pasword. Is there a way to reset it, (like pushing a paperclip into a hole or something) to make it reset the password?

david64
Level 15

@jackdavis42 . You can use a paperclip to do that. The password will reset to what is on the label. (Router userid and password are usually admin and admin in lower case.) All other settings are reset, including port forwarding. Wifi names and passwords are on the label.