TPG Community

Get online support

Changing time on HG659 - daylight savings

SOLVED Go to solution
AussieM8
Level 2

My modem hasn't auto-updated for daylight savings, so my parental controls aren't firing on time.   I've rebooted it a couple of times but it's still an hour behind for us here in NSW.  

How do we fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC

Hi @grs1961

Possible you are also using an old firmware. I'll check your account and will message you with updates.

Hi @AussieM8

I have received your message. I have provided you with the instructions just update me again, thank you.

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
tonystork
Level 5

@AussieM8 wrote:

My modem hasn't auto-updated for daylight savings, so my parental controls aren't firing on time.   I've rebooted it a couple of times but it's still an hour behind for us here in NSW.  

How do we fix this?

I'm not sure if this will help. Unfortunately, I do not have reference for your Huawei HG659. But I'll give you short troubleshooting steps.

Most of the modem/router have settings where we can change the time/date.

- First you need to do, have a device
(smart phone/laptop connected via Wifi or Laptop/Desktop connected via Ethernet Cable)

- Open a browser, enter 192.168.1.1 (I believe, this is huawei's default access gateway)

- If it ask you to enter UN/PW try 'admin' for both UN/PW

(You can also check it on the sticker/label somewhere in the modem)

Now, this is crucial part since I have no Idea on your modem.

Look for settings/button name 'Maintenance' which usually have all the option to change settings for the modem itself like, 'time and date' it may also have option where to change 'Administrative UN/PW' to access the modem/router's page.

Disclaimer: If 'Maintenance' doesn't have the option where to change time, you can try other option it might be somewhere in the modem/router's settings.

KarenC

Hi @AussieM8

The DST feature is only supported on the new firmware version of the HG659 modem. I can request for the update but I need to confirm and get some details from you regarding your account. Please check my private message. 

grs1961
Level 3

I would also like to be able to correct the time on my HG659, it's annoying looking at the log messages and wondering why something happened an hour ago, or no, it happened now...

AussieM8
Level 2

Thanks Karen - I've replied to your PM.

KarenC

Hi @grs1961

Possible you are also using an old firmware. I'll check your account and will message you with updates.

Hi @AussieM8

I have received your message. I have provided you with the instructions just update me again, thank you.

grs1961
Level 3

Thank you.

walkadwill
Level 2

Hi Karen,

I also have this problem with my TPG HG659 router.

Am I able to request a firmware upgrade?

Thanks

Adam

mcenieryb72
Level 2

Hi,

Can I also request the latest firmware for my HG659 ? Parental Controls don't seem to be firing at the correct time.

Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B112
Zieseniss
Level 2

I'm having the same problem where my rules are firing 1 hour later than they are setup to. Does not seem to be recognising DST.

Please check my account as well and inform me if I need to do anything. Modem details are as follows:

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W17509006156
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B112

Many Thanks