Connect RT-AC68U Wireless-AC1900

SOLVED Go to solution
ags1
Level 2

My setup:

- NBN via FTTP

- Using RT-AC68U Wireless-AC1900

My issue:

My router is connected (as per the TPG provided instructions) and I am able to access the internet. However, the router portal (router.asus.com) shows Internet Status as Disconnected, and I am unable to check for  firmware updates as I receive an error stating the router is unable to connect to the ASUS server.

What I have tried so far:

- Confirmed that I am using the correct UNI-D Port (Port 2) as specified in an email from TPG. I have also tried the other ports with no luck

- Confirmed via whoismyisp.org that 'iiNet also known as TPG' is my ISP (I just moved over from Telstra)

- Amended the LAN Port to Manual with VID=2 and PRIO=0 as stated elsewhere in this community with no luck (I receive no internet when this config is amended)

- Tried upgrading the firmware however, router states access to the ASUS server not available. Tried a manual upgrade of the firmware and it too failed

In summary:

I have connected my ASUS AC68U router and am receiving internet however, my router portal shows the internet status as disconnected. Router firmware updates cannot be completed.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ags1
Level 2

OK, so I was able to complete a manual upgrade of the firmware and my router internet status is showing as connected. When I attempted a manual upgrade yesterday it failed.

Resolution:

- Perform a manual upgrade of the firmware. Keep repeating if it fails.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ags1
Level 2

OK, so I was able to complete a manual upgrade of the firmware and my router internet status is showing as connected. When I attempted a manual upgrade yesterday it failed.

Resolution:

Barnes69
Level 2

@ags1 wrote: 

MyPepsico

Resolution:

Thank y ou for sharing the solution, i will try top figure it out for more.