TPG Community

Get online support

D-link DIR-X5460 PPPOE For NBN FTTN 25MB

chrischiayh1
Level 2

I would like to check if D-link DIR-X5460 PPPOE will work with NBN FTTN 25MB

My existing current below setup works without any issue:

TPG>TP-Link VR1600v (Bridge Mode - Modem Only) > Linksys WRT32X > Devices - (No issue)

I would like to check before buying D-link DIR-X5460 if there are any issue replacing the Linksys WRT32X (AC) with D-link DIR-X5460 (AX).

TPG>TP-Link VR1600v (Bridge Mode - Modem Only) > D-link DIR-X5460 > Devices - (Will there be any connection issue?)

Saw another thread (Titled: D-Link DIR-X5460 can't connect to TPG) but it is relating to NBN FTTP

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/D-Link-DIR-X5460-can-t-connect-to-TPG/m-p/94715#M...

Not sure if the same applies to NBN FTTN 25MB - Can please advice?

I'm not interest in the VoIP service as even on my current the TP-Link VR1600v  is in Bridge Mode - Modem Only connecting to my Linksys WRT32X 

3 REPLIES 3
Angeli

Hi @chrischiayh1

This router will not be compatible for NBN FTTN service. The modem should be a VDSL2+ modem/router (NBN ready). Kindly refer to the following community articles:

NBN BYO Modem Hardware Compatibility 
List of Non-TPG supplied Modem/Routers for use with TPG NBN BYO Data Only Plans

-Angeli

chrischiayh1
Level 2

@Angeli wrote:

Hi @chrischiayh1

This router will not be compatible for NBN FTTN service. The modem should be a VDSL2+ modem/router (NBN ready). Kindly refer to the following community articles:

NBN BYO Modem Hardware Compatibility 
List of Non-TPG supplied Modem/Routers for use with TPG NBN BYO Data Only Plans

-Angeli

Hi Angeli,

So does it means that TPG>TP-Link VR1600v (Bridge Mode - Modem Only) > D-link DIR-X5460 > Devices will not work despite D-link DIR-X5460 having PPPOE setting?

Thanks and regards,

chrischiayh1

david64
Level 15

Hi @chrischiayh1 . The use of VR1600 in bridge mode is the correct way to connect an EWAN only router. The X5460 has been problematic connecting to TPG. In Community, do search for    x5460.