TPG Community

Get online support

Connecting ASUS RT-AC58U to TPG NBN(HFC) modem

winshearn
Level 2

I've tried connecting my new router the NBN modem and I have tried this method https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/NBN-Installation/Connecting-ASUS-RT-AC68U-to-NBN/m-p/37710#M4141 but it still doesnt work. Whenever in the quick internet setup, after selecting "My internet connection type is PPPoE", I type in my username and password and hit the button "Next", it loads forever. What is the issue? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @winshearn . Your AC58U is a bit different from the AC68U in the link you reference. In the IPTV section, the AC68U has an extra option "LAN Port" for setting the Internet VID as seen in the gif image from anthonylamb.

winshearn
Level 2
Hi there,
For some reason I can't open the gif file. Do you mind telling me what should I set it to?
winshearn
Level 2
It's stuck at the internet setup section where I put in my username and password and clicked next, there's a loading logo beside the "next" button. Hope that helps
david64
Level 15

@winshearn . Do a factory reset and see if the router can determine the settings.

Asus seem to use the IPTV section for setting VLAN ID, so have a look there. Download the AC68U manual and compare the IPTV section with yours.

Otherwise, ask Asus if the router is suitable for NBN,

and how to set VLAN ID=2 for the WAN (internet) connection.