TPG Community

Get online support

Connecting Nighthawk AX8

SOLVED Go to solution
louise77
Level 2
Hello everyone - I just bought myself a Nighthawk AX8 in the hope of getting better internet. I have NBN FTTN and a TP Link AC1600. I connected everything up and used the Nighthawk app. Got to the part where it checks the cables and that all went fine, but it cannot connect to the internet.

Anyone out there can help me?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louise77
Level 2
Thanks Shane.

It is a router. I called TPG support and we tried working through everything with no luck. Then called Netgear support and they did something on their end that sorted it out. Very relieved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @louise77 ,

Welcome to the community!

What is the set up of your equipments at the moment? I googled Nighthawk AX8 and it shows it is classified as a router, if this is the case you have to use our supplied modem/rrouter and connect the Nighthawk to one of the LAN ports.

Here is some thread that you may find helpful, see link below.

Are the Tpg routers DHCP compatible? 

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

louise77
Level 2
Thanks Shane.

It is a router. I called TPG support and we tried working through everything with no luck. Then called Netgear support and they did something on their end that sorted it out. Very relieved.
BasilDV

Hi @louise77

We're glad that your own device worked with the service.

You may also provide the steps or the configuration that you've done in order for it to work as it may use as a reference by future viewers.

Stay safe.

BasilDV