Connection issues

Jessejames616
Level 3
Getting internet drop outs 1-2 times a day some times more
13 REPLIES 13
Riezl

Hi @ Jessejames616 ,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

For us to further assist you, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Jessejames616
Level 3
I’m having both lan and wireless disconnection’s usually take 30mins - hr to come back online .
Riezl

Please send us a private message with your TPG account details so we can look into this further. We will wait for your PM. Thank you.

Jessejames616
Level 3
Pm sent
Riezl

We were unable to locate the account using the details you have provided. Kindly PM us the home phone number or email address linked to the account.

Jessejames616
Level 3
Email account sent
Shane

Hi @Jessejames616,

Thanks for sending us your details, I was able to locate the account and ran an initial test.

The result shows that the service is connected for 2d 6m with no dropouts reported.

In the event that the issue affects the devices via Wi-Fi it could be caused by Wireless Interference.

We did an article on how to eliminate this please see the links below.

You may also check this thread.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Email account sent
mezf
Level 2

Yeah.. me too. Have the top tiered plan (100) and was working fantastic since NBN installed a yearish ago. But the past week has been horrible!! Dropouts and sooooo slow to load up any page. But nothing showing in the Network Status as any issues. Have reset the router/modem, change ethernet ports - anything I can think of but it's still crap. So frustrating. 

Riezl

Hi @mezf , please send us a private message with your TPG account details so we can further assist you. Thank you.