TPG Community

Get online support

Continuous disconnections or dropping out of Internet During the day and afterhours

mirzaali89
Level 2

Hi TPG Team,

For almost 19 Months now, the Internet connections keep dropping off during the day and night, at random times and unusable during the weekends. There is so much lag while connecting and loading the videos and images. Moreover, I am trying to connect with my work VPN and it's not connecting and if connecting it's not working. I have checked with my company IT team and they advised me it's my Internet service provider issue.
I have a TPG VX220-G2v v2.0 Modem. I have checked its logs and also checked the ping test, tracert of my VPN address and I am getting continuous requests timed out. It seems like there is something wrong with the route. Maybe it seems like an MTU size issue or might be the route issue itself. Therefore, I want you to address this issue ASAP and fix the issue. I request you to change the router settings of my connection as well as look into the MTU size of the modem too, which is currently 1480.
This became unbearable as I have work during the day and also online Zoom sessions. I keep being disconnected during those, which is frustrating and affects my image in front of others because I drop off on the video calls. Moreover, I need all the administrative rights of my modem. Currently, I am unable to select or change the WAN Interface PPPOE setting from the static routing options. I have paid for the modem to TPG, therefore, TPG has no right to keep administration rights to my modem, as I own the modem now. Therefore, allow me those rights too.

I want this issue to be resolved once and for all otherwise, I will disconnect from your service and will report to the TIO if no further actions will be taken against my complaints. I had emailed your support team in the past too and your helpdesk replied someone would get back to me but it never happened.

This is the VPN address I am trying to connect to my TPG modem and it is not connecting or if connecting then not working. However, it is working perfectly fine with my mobile hotspot. I have used more than half of my mobile data hotspot due to your ** service. I want this issue to be resolved and I need full compensation for all the months as well.

apccvpn3.auspost.com.au

I can see the result of the request timed out why it is not working so I need this to be fixed ASAP. I am a technical person so please come up with a technical answer.

Troubleshooting
C:\Users\mirza.ali>tracert apccvpn3.auspost.com.au

Tracing route to apccvpn3.auspost.com.au [155.144.53.3]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192-168-1-1.tpgi.com.au [192.168.1.1]
2 7 ms 6 ms 7 ms 10.20.26.100
3 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 27-32-160-67.static.tpgi.com.au [27.32.160.67]
4 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 202-7-162-202.tpgi.com.au [202.7.162.202]
5 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms Bundle-Ether70.lon-edge903.melbourne.telstra.net [139.130.48.225]
6 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms aka3272218.lnk.telstra.net [144.130.167.178]
7 6 ms 7 ms 7 ms po110.bs-a.sech-mel.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.107.243]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 7 ms 6 ms 7 ms ae120.access-a.sech-mel.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.107.249]
10 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms a72-52-63-134.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.63.134]
11 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms 172.16.5.14
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

traceroute_from_modem.jpgtracert_results.jpgWAN_Interface_administration_right_required.jpgModem_log_errors.jpgModem_PPOE.jpg

I have attached all the screenshots for your reference.

TGP Account ID:73XXXXX
Email: MirXXXXXXXX@gmail.com
Plan: Fibre to the Node (FTTN) 50/50Mbps

Thank you.
Mirza Ali

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @mirzaali89,

We'd be glad to help and check the status of your service. Please send us a private message and we'll go from there. 

-Ahra_G

mirzaali89
Level 2

ping_result_50percent_dataloss.jpgping_result_from_modem.jpgspeedtest.jpgspeedtest_not_working.jpgspeedtest_result.jpgtraceroute_from_modem.jpgtracert_results.jpgHi TPG Communitiy Team,

Today your TPG Tech visited my unit and after checking the issue, he found that there is an issue with your provided faulty modem, which you dispatched to me a long time ago. I have been facing this ongoing issue for the last 19 months. I have called your helpdesk multiple times and also complained about the issue over the email back in December but got no response from your end. Today, your tech identified the fault as I was highlighting this service issue for so long but nobody was listening or responding to me. Well, now your tech also confirms there is an issue with the high ping latency due to the modem, due to such reason the internet can't be usable at all. I moved to this property 19 months ago and since then I have been having these issues. I have called multiple times on the helpline no one has responded or even called me until I posted this issue on the TPG Community page. Therefore, I need the compensation for those 19 months as well as the dispatch me the new modem as I already paid for the cost of the modem to TPG a long time ago. If you will not prioritise and resolve my issue on an urgent basis. I will go to the TIO and complain about you with all the relevant information and the screenshots, which I have got. I am frustrated with the service, as I am paying for it every month but I hardly use it. I am using my mobile hotspot instead. I need full compensation for it. Kindly, check all the screenshots, I have attached for reference, there is a 50% data loss on the data packets. I am extremely frustrated with your services. I am WFH and it affects my work and position in the company just because of this unusable Internet.

Waiting for your swift response in this regard.

My details are as follows:
Username: mirXXXXXXXX
TPG ID: 73XXXXX
Plan: Fibre to the Node (FTTN) 50/50Mbps

Ahra_G

Thanks for that. We'll wait for your private message and we'll bring up your account, @mirzaali89.