TPG Community

Get online support

Crap speed yet again!!!

sabowles
Level 2

Once again I have crap speeds, on my NBN 100 Plan

4.32mbps down 4.22 up

I have done everything on your checkist yet again with no improvement.

I have had bad speeds pretty much since I signed up with TPG and find teathering to my mobile is by far faster. I basically only run my laptop on the NBN connection now. how do I run a business with this crap?

3 REPLIES 3
Will

Hi @sabowles 

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for raising this with us. The speedtest results you've provided is indeed not normal for an NBN100 plan.

I was able to take a closer look at your account and run tests as well. We can definitely say that there are no network-related issues that will affect your connection at the moment. In addition, your modem is registering a transfer rate of 97 - 99Mbps.

To better understand as to why you're unable to get a better result, can you provide us the following information:

• Are all your devices on WIFI connection?
  • Is it possible to connect a computer/laptop via ethernet and test for comparison? This is to determine if the issue is WIFI-related only or something else that we need to look into further.
  • Which WIFI network band are you connected to? The modem provides two WIFI network bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz). The WIFI names are similar except for _5G for one of the WIFI networks. Please test both connections for comparison.

Should this be narrowed down to a WIFI issue, you may check this link on how to improve your connection speed over WIFI: Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it?

Regards,

Will

sabowles
Level 2

Hi Will,

I have tried both of the wifi bands.

I have also tried directly connected via ethernet cable, the speeds quoted were attached to ethernet! Wifi speeds are comming back at approx the same on both bands!

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/4423f8e0-1595-11ea-a6a5-55a950245aa7 this is directly connected to the ethernet now.

Scott

Rica_R

Thanks for keeping us posted @sabowles.

We'd like to have a better understanding of your connection concern as the speed test is still low. 

I can look at arranging for a member of our Technical team to contact you, however given the current time I expect that this will take place tomorrow. What would be the best time for us to get in touch and on what number?

Please send us a PM with your contact details. Thank you.