TPG Community

Get online support

Dns server not responding pls fix gast

ThanushG
Level 2
my internet connection is not working. The troubleshooter says dns server not responding i have tried everything from resetting the modem and factory resetting it. This happpens every day around this time but i would be able to fix it by resetting it twice. It isnt working now
6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @ThanushG,

We have experienced an unplanned outage affecting all of our customers. Affected customers has experienced difficulty accessing internet, TPG My Account and using home phone services.

Our Network Engineers have immediately engaged and resolved the issue. Customers should see services progressively restored as the restoration continues.

In the meantime, you may check this community article for updates: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/UPDATE-Outage-Notification-NBN-ADSL-TPG-FTTB-Inte....

We appreciate your patience and our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

ThanushG
Level 2
It's been a week and nothing has changed i emailed tech ops but they have not responded. My username is Vasanthy Gengatharan. Fix it please
BasilDV

Hi @ThanushG

We checked your account was able to detect that the service has been working based on the usage report.

However, its been dropping since the service is affected by an NBN network maintenance.

NBN has identified a performance issue with one or more of the impacted HFC services and will be proactively undertaking optimization activities to resolve the issue within a prompt timeframe. During this proactive maintenance,customers may lose connectivity for a maximum of 3 hours at one time. Most service impacting work will occur for one business day or less within the change window, however, it is possible some work will occur consecutively and/or on a number of occasions during the window. We apologises for the short notice, however, believe performing this work urgently is in the best interest of customers.

They target to finish the maintenance tomorrow (03/02/2020) around 6PM AEDT.

BasilDV

ThanushG
Level 2
It stops working every day at the same time. And it always server is not responding
Shane

Hi @ThanushG,

We apologise for the inconvenience. We ran an initial test to the service it shows a possible line fault causing the service not to work. We'll raise this to our Engineering Team for further handling and investigation, expect an update via SMS or Phone call within 24-48hrs.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @ThanushG,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and confirmed that the service is now working. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!