TPG Community

Get online support

Double Nat Issue on Archer VR1600v

maxiveni
Level 2

Hi

Since the time I signed up for NBN and I got this Archer VR1600v modem. I am getting Double Nat Issue. I confirm this through CMD. I need to resolve this. Please advise how to fix this. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Shane

Hi @maxiveni ,

Thanks for raising this to us and welcome to the community!

We'd like to confirm if you're trying to bridge the TP-Link VR1600 to connect an extender 3rd party router/Wi-Fi mesh.

We have an existing thread related with Double NAT issue you may visit this link below.

Archer VR1600v turn off CWMP? 

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

maxiveni
Level 2
Hi Shane

Thank you for your reply. I dont have any additional routers. I am using archer VR1600v given to me by tpg I was getting error message while playing online game via uplay. They said it was because of Double NAT issue and this was confirmed via CMD tracert. I called TPG technical support and they got me to enable DMZ and also AP isolation in advanced wireless setting. But this did not solved the problem and I am still getting the Double NAT issue in CMD tracert the link below is not much help as it addresses the DMZ issue or additional router issue 

BasilDV

Thank you for the information, @maxiveni.

Are you using a Desktop or a gaming console? Are you connected via Wired or WiFi connection?

Please post the screenshot of the tracert for us to check on this further as it is very rare to get a double NAT problem if you are using 1 router only.

BasilDV

maxiveni
Level 2

I am using Desktop for gaming with wireless internet. Attached is the CMD Tracert. 

Regards

Max

BasilDV

Hi @maxiveni

Thanks for attaching the screenshot of the tracert, but we're unable to identify the double NAT issue with it.

Did you set your computer to have a static IP address? Have you tried connecting your computer via LAN/Wired for comparison?

Please provide us the Double NAT error message you received when playing via uplay for us to assess it.

BasilDV

maxiveni
Level 2

Hi Basil

I cannot connect directly because my desktop is not in the same room where the modem is. Attached is the error message from the game and the email from Ubisoft stating it is Double Nat Issue. I also checked with pc world website where it says if the first 2 ip addresses are private addresses than its a double Nat issue. 

Regards

Max

BasilDV

Hi @maxiveni,

Based on the Tracert that you've provided, the 2nd hop is going to our network/server router.

Let's view the meaning of Double NAT.

Double NAT is when you connect your router behind another router creating two different private networks. For example, connecting your NETGEAR router behind a modem/router provided by your ISP.

We would like to know if you set your PC to have a static IP address?

Please read through the response from Ubisoft: " You can fix the issue... "

Have you tried to open ports for their online games? Were they able to provide you more information on where did they detect the double NAT issue? Are you able to contact them again and check if how did they confirm that it is a double NAT issue as we can't see any issues within the Tracert?

Also, have you tried other online games for comparison?

BasilDV

maxiveni
Level 2

Hi Basil

Please see attached the response from Ubisoft regard Double Nat. Please provide us with the public IP address as mentioned by Ubisoft. Also, advise how can I do port forwarding to the port mention by Ubisoft. While following the steps in: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025505/ I noticed that all the IP addresses in internet protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) were same as in network connection details, I didn't need to change anything, does this mean I have a static IP address. how can I confirm this. 

Thanks

Max

BasilDV

Hi @maxiveni,

Sorry, but we don't need to open the ports as you've used the DMZ of the modem before, but the issue persists.

We checked this further and we might need to try another modem to rule out a possible modem issue.

Do you have a spare NBN modem?

If none, I'll request for a test modem. The time frame for the delivery is 1 to 2 working days within Metro and 2 to 5 working days outside Metro.

BasilDV