TPG Community

Get online support

Enable WPS on AX1500

GeoffAF
Level 2

Hello, the WPS button on our new AX1500 modem router does not work. Looking at previous questions for other models, I found instructions for logging into a different model modem and manually enabling it, using "admin" as both the user name and password. I tried this. However, there was no username field, only a password field, and it rejected "admin" as the password.

Please provide instructions on how to enable WPS on this model modem.

On a side note, it seems rediculous that the modems do not come with WPS enabled. The button is there, the light is there, why not just let us use it???!!! It's such a useful feature, and it is costing you money to respond to query after query about why it doesn't work and how to enable it. Surely there's a compelling business logic here for you to JUST TURN IT ON AT THE FACTORY!!! Really! 

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @GeoffAF,

Where did you get the AX1500? Could you send us a Private Message with the following details to better understand the situation.

First name: xxxx
Last name: xxxx
Phone number: xxxx
Username / email address: xxxx
Are you the account holder?: Yes/No
Date of birth: xxx

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hello, the WPS button on our new AX1500 modem router does not work. Looking at previous questions for other models, I found instructions for logging into a different model modem and manually enabling it, using "admin" as both the user name and password. I tried this. However, there was no username field, only a password field, and it rejected "admin" as the password.

Please provide instructions on how to enable WPS on this model modem.

On a side note, it seems rediculous that the modems do not come with WPS enabled. The button is there, the light is there, why not just let us use it???!!! It's such a useful feature, and it is costing you money to respond to query after query about why it doesn't work and how to enable it. Surely there's a compelling business logic here for you to JUST TURN IT ON AT THE FACTORY!!! Really! 

shawgarrett
Level 2

Hi Geoff,

Did they resolve your issue? I've got a similar issue with the vx2200 supplied by tpg - the morons didn't bother to make their response public!! I've been trying to deal with their HELP DEsk to no avail.

Garrett Shaw

BasilDV

Hi @shawgarrett

We did not receive any response from @GeoffAF in which we can't provide any advise in public.

If the button is not working, you may try to enable the WPS via the modem interface.

If it failed, try to factory reset the device.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Ensor4
Level 2
Same problem!!
Aubrey

Hi @Ensor4, what type of service do you have? Did you get the modem from TPG?