Firmware update Archer1600v

hollieandlee
Level 2
Hey guys Can you please update my modem to the latest firmware

Thanks
Lee
6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @hollieandlee , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

hollieandlee
Level 2
Thanks riezl PM sent

Cheers

Lee
Riezl

Hi @hollieandlee , thanks for sending the account details via PM. Please be advised that your modem has the latest firmware.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

hollieandlee
Level 2
Thanks riezl

I rang support this morning and gave them the firmware version and they said there was an update for it.

Anyway I'm only trying to resolve a problem where the audio will briefly stop for 1-2 seconds when using streaming apps via Ethernet on my android TV and thought a firmware update would troubleshoot it a bit further.

Thanks

Lee
hollieandlee
Level 2
Hey riezl

Is the Asus DL-AC68U compatible with my NBN/TPG connection, so I can disconnect the Archer 1600v??

Thanks

Lee
BasilDV

Hi @hollieandlee 

Do you mean the ASUS DSL-AC68U? If yes, based on the specification that it is a VDSL modem/router.

This means that it is compatible with the TPG NBN FTTN service.

In the configuration of a third party device, you need to make sure that you use the VLAN ID to 2, PPPoE with the correct TPG username and password.

Also, the bundled VoIP service won't work on a third party device as the settings is embedded in the firmware of the supplied modem/router.

Stay safe.

BasilDV