TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v Slow 2.4Ghz

Highlighted
Level 1c

Our modem has extremely low 2.4ghz range and not sure what can be done. The strange thing is 5Ghz is working fine but our devices that can only connect via 2.4Ghz are struggling to get a signal. Wondering if a firmware update is needed but we can' use some devices in the rooms where they are placed so need a fix ASAP.

Modem Details Are:

Firmware Version: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n

Hardware Version: Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi @reiito,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

If the issue is particular with the Wi-Fi, we have also created these articles that may help address the concerns raised:

Feel free to search community for help or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.

Highlighted
Level 1c

I've tried both guides but nothing worked. Our 5Ghz wireless connections are fine with no hitches but it's just our devices that can only use 2.4Ghz facing problems. Is there a chance to get a replacement router?

Highlighted
Level 1

Just found this after making a seach myself. I have the exact same issue. I am using the same modem and my 5GHz band delivers ~90Mbps download whereas the 2.4Ghz sits between 2 to 5Mbps and barely seem to work.

I am on FTTP M plan. Not sure if there could be a hardware issue with the modem or a setting that screw the signal. Would appreciate help from TPG.