Firmware update

leimeng6
Level 2

I got TPlink modem but have no telephone setting . How can I upgade the firmware and use the voip service with other service provider.

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @leimeng6 , please be advised that the TPG supplied modem has a customised firmware, where the TPG VoIP service is configured and provisioned only.

leimeng6
Level 2

Can you provide me witth the unmodified  fireware so i can update my modem?

Shane

Hi @leimeng6,

We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls.

Regards,

Can you provide me witth the unmodified  fireware so i can update my modem?

david64
Level 15

Hi @leimeng6 . You want to keep your internet service with TPG but want to use another VOIP provider?

TPG don't have unmodified firmware and TP-Link don't have it on their website.

You could get a real voip phone and connect to LAN port on router; program phone with provider settings; probably not worth it.

You could get an analog telephone adaptor (ATA), connect it to LAN port on router; connect your standard phone to ATA; program ATA with your provider details.

You can use some other wifi router as long as it supports a VLAN ID=2 setting (not all do) and has the VOIP function built in. You then program in the SIP settings of your new provider.

I don't know what issues you might have in either keeping whatever phone number you have now or getting a new number.
This thread has posts from various users relating to voip.
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Home-Phone-Voice/VOIP-set-up-TP-link-VC321-G2H/m-p/75436#M7464