TPG Community

Get online support

HG659 LAN Devices Disappearing

spanishsoul24
Level 2

Hi,

I called support earlier because my devices on ethernet and wireless have been disappearing from the LAN devices page in the router gateway.  They transferred me to Huawei, but they had some prerecorded message to call my ISP =/ 

This issue has been happening for a few months.  The only way I've found to fix it today is to do a factory reset and then not change any of the settings (custom name and password for the wireless networks, etc).   Is there any fix for this?

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @spanishsoul24,

Thanks for raising this with us.

As you've mentioned that you were able to fix the issue by doing a factory reset to the modem/router.

Have you tried to set or personalize your wireless network after to check if the LAN issue will come back? If not, are you able to try to personalize your WiFi settings then observe if same issue will happen?

Also, did you noticed that the internet or service on your Wired devices were not working when the LAN issue with the modem/router's interface was gone?

Regards,

BasilDV

spanishsoul24
Level 2

Hi Basil,

I tried things in this order:

1. factory resetting the router, Lan devices all show up 

2. go to change the router settings, custom dns, custom Wifi names, set password etc, and the 

Lan devices all disappear

Then,

1. factory resetting the router, Lan devices all show up 

2. set custom dns, custom Wifi names, set password etc, and the Lan devices all disappear

I've reset it again and it seems to be working if I don't change the default wifi names so I'll stick with it for now

BasilDV

Hi @spanishsoul24,

Thanks for the update.

I've sent you a PM and will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

BasilDV