TPG Community

Get online support

HG659 parental control not working

martian
Level 3
Hello,

I have the hardware and firmware below which the parental control (Time Rules) is not working:

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W17523001419
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B112

I have followed the instructions in the manual and tried putting restrictions on multiple times on multiple devices. None of them works.

Can you please help and suggest?
6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @martian ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, this has been escalated to our Engineering Team to update the firmware of the modem/router.

Updates will be provided when it becomes available.

Regards,

@martian wrote:
Hello,

I have the hardware and firmware below which the parental control (Time Rules) is not working:

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W17523001419
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B112

I have followed the instructions in the manual and tried putting restrictions on multiple times on multiple devices. None of them works.

Can you please help and suggest?

emma2
Level 2

Hi, I would also like this looked into for myself as well. I have followed all the instructions correctly, and yet I am still not getting the desired result. I have tried to place the time restriction on the chosen device (my childs device), and yet it still is not working.

Please help...

Thanks,  

Emma 

emma2
Level 2

Hi Martian, did you ever get your problem resolved?

Ahra_G

Hi @emma2

We normally just recommend to refer the modem's manual on how to set up Parental Control.

Could you please check your modem's firmware? Kindly post it here so we can update it to the latest one if it hasn't been updated yet. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

martian
Level 3

No my problem is not yet resolved.

Ahra_G

Hi @martian

We're sorry to learn that the issue is still not resolved. 

I have since chased this with our Technical Team. Firmware should take effect within 24-48hrs. 

Id the issue still persists, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thanks!