TPG Community

Get online support

How can I stop Mobile "Insufficient Balance to make this call" from happening EVERY month.

BH31
Level 2

For 4 months out of the last 5, on the first day of my new billing period, I get the message "insufficient Balance to make this call" when trying to call a non-TPG number.  In addition any app that needs to connect to the internet won't work.  On the first occurrance it took 3 calls to TPG and a week to get it fixed.  Every subsequent month it took one call and 2-3 days for a fix.  TPG Help Desk have confirmed on each occasion that there IS sufficient balance.  What does it take to get this fixed once and for all !!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @BH31,

Let us look into this and have this rectified. To better understand what's causing issues to the mobile and home broadband service, send us your Mobile Number or TPG account details via PM. 

How to send a PM? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

Regards,

For 4 months out of the last 5, on the first day of my new billing period, I get the message "insufficient Balance to make this call" when trying to call a non-TPG number.  In addition any app that needs to connect to the internet won't work.  On the first occurrance it took 3 calls to TPG and a week to get it fixed.  Every subsequent month it took one call and 2-3 days for a fix.  TPG Help Desk have confirmed on each occasion that there IS sufficient balance.  What does it take to get this fixed once and for all !!!!

BH31
Level 2

And it has happened again.  Every month (for the last 5 or 6 months) as soon as the new biilling cycle starts i get the "you have insufficient balance to make this call".  Every time TPG help desk call fixes the problem after a day or so and says it will not happen again and yet the next month IT HAPPENS AGAIN.  Why can't someone properly fix the root cause of this problem instead of applying a patch that lasts for just one month.  What's the use of having a mobile if it cannot be used for a few days EVERY MONTH because of the same technical glitch.   Can someone PLEASE fix it properly this time. 

Ahra_G

Hi @BH31

There is an ongoing network outage for our Mobile service which is affecting outgoing calls. 

You may check our Service Status page for more info: Service Status Mobile

Thanks!  

Ahra_G

BH31
Level 2

That link references an intermittent outage affecting International calls.  My issue is for local calls and data, and as I stated happens EVERY month at the beginning of the billing cycle.

Ahra_G

Hi @BH31,

This is a network issue affecting most of the outgoing calls be it local and international and is getting the same message about insufficient balance for every outgoing call attempt. 

Nonetheless, we'll have this investigated by our Mobile Support team and be in touch for any updates available. 

-Ahra_G