TPG Community

Get online support

How do I get a newer HG659

Taz
Level 3
Level 3

Hello. I have been with TPG for a few years now on NBN with a HG658. Firmware is really old on it. Wi-Fi is really old. Big security risks.

How can I get a HG659 with newer firmware please.

17 REPLIES 17
Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @Taz,

Welcome to the Community!

Since you have been a long time customer I have organised a new TP link VR1600V to be sent to you.

This is the current modem that is shipped for your service.

If you need help setting up your modem click here

Please tell us how the performance of the modem is once you set it up.

Cheers!

jase5150
Level 2
Hi Manual,

I also have the same model router, currently on NBN and am worried about security risks. Are you able to help me stay with TPG by providing me updated firmware or a replacement newer model modem?
Many thanks,
Jason (jase5150)
Shane

Hi @jase5150,

I requested a firmware upgrade for your current modem/router.

Please see my response to your initial post located here.

Regards,

jase5150
Level 2
Hi Shane,

Can I please be sent a free replacement router like Taz (see my earlier reply above) as I too have been a long time TPG customer?

Regards,
Jason
Erika

Hi @jase5150

We've now organised for a free TP Link v1600v for you. 

We'll be providing further updates regarding the delivery of your modem once available. 

Regards, 

jase5150
Level 2
Thank you very much I really appreciate it. Look forward to receiving it shortly Smiley Happy
Shane

Hi @jase5150,

I sent you the consignment number details via PM.

Once you received the modem/router and you need to guide on how to set it up you can vist this Link.

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

Taz
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Manuel. 

The modem connects at about 50Mbps, but very slowly drops down in speed and after a week is at 38Mbps. Never seems to sync up in speed only down. if I disconnect and immediately reconnect it's back to 50Mbps again. So i thought I'd try enabling the auto-reboot function in the modem under system tools. It's set to 3 days to restart at 3am but this function does not work. Is there a firmware upgrade that fixes this?

Thank you

Craig

Riezl

Hi @Taz.

I'm sorry to hear that, though I do recommend that the modem is switched off & on every once in a while, especially if the weather is hot.

We currently do not have new firmware upgrade to fix this but I can advise that you check this function directly for TP Link so they can investigate this as well.

We will also take this into account should there be any firmware update.