TPG Community

Get online support

How to add printer MAC address to Sagecom 5g modem

bhouley5g
Level 2

Recently installed Sagecom 5g modem. Now unable to recognise HP printer. Solution proposed is to add the MAC address of the printer to the list of permitted devices for the router.

Any advice on how to do that? It affects both an Iphone and Android phone which are on the new 5g wifi network.

4 REPLIES 4
Rica_R

Hi @bhouley5g,

Are you getting any errors when connecting your HP Printer?

Moreover, we'd like to look into this and check what can be done to resolve your concern. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, so we can take a look at your account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

david64
Level 15

Hi @bhouley5g . You can try turning off band steering if you can find it. And give the 5GHz wifi network a different name if you can find the setting.

The printer probably connects to the 2.4GHz wifi network. You should probably give the printer a fixed ip address. 

Did your iphone and android phones get connected?

david64
Level 15

@bhouley5g . There is no user manual for this router so I can't help too much.

The band steering would be in wireless settings if it is there. Also, the setting for the two wifi network names. 

When you connected your other wifi devices, did they see two wifi networks or just one?

To add a fixed ip address for the printer might be in LAN settings.

bhouley5g
Level 2

Thanks @david64 .

I'll give those things a try and see how I go.

The network is just one name, so it was easy to connect.. The previous connection we have through TPG was via NBN and that came with both networks identified. We could choose to change if there was an issue with either one. It worked well and included the printer.

I've also got a PM into the Moderator. Hopefully can get it sorted without much more trouble. It is frustrating after many years of logical use.