TPG Community

Get online support

How to set up a bridge on archer vr1600v.

SOLVED Go to solution
satebabi889
Level 2
Hi moderator,

If i use archer vr1600v and also ORBI RBK50, do i need to set up archer to bridge mode?
I am on NBN FTTC.
Atm, i connect my orbi internet port to archer lan port as an AP. Not sure if that's the correct way to extend my wifi signal?

Please help
BasilDV

Hi @satebabi889

Welcome to the Community!

Your set up is correct in order extend the WiFi signal in your premises.

If you'll bridge the modem/router (VR1600), then the phone service will not work as the authentication needs to work from the main modem/router.

BasilDV

satebabi889
Level 2
Hi again @BasilDV

If i dont use the phone service, can i connect other way? Like from ORBI directly to the nbn box? Or i still need the archer?

BasilDV

Hi @satebabi889

If your Orbi device can be configured with VLAN ID 2, then you may connect it directly to the NBN NCD box.

You may check the manual or specification of the device or contact the equipment manufacturer for further information.

BasilDV

pfSense
Level 2

Ive been trying to bridge my archer vr1600v v2.0 from my pfSense box. The pfSense box successfullly connections via PPoE to TPG, but Ive only been able to get internet working on the vr1600 by setting EWAN to dynamic IP, which works and shares internet with the wifi clients, but the vr1600 acts as the DHCP server and is on a differnt subnet. I dont want that.

I want the vr1600 to act as a wifeless access point, and let the pfsense box DHCP server issue DHCP leases to clients connected to the vr1600 wifi, and lan ports. This way all clients will be on the same subnet. I noticed a message bellow "use remote DHCP server" that i have to disable WAN NAT, but cant find a place to do that?

How do i get the vr1600 to just bridge internet and be on same subnet as pfSense box?