TPG Community

Get online support

Huawei HG659 can't choose 5ghz channel manually/Firmware update

SOLVED Go to solution
adslc0ox
Level 2

Hello, 

I have the exact same problem as https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Huawei-HG659-settings/td-p/22537

The 5ghz channel only has "Auto" for the dropdown, and it is choosing a channel that isn't supported by my devices. I would like the option to choose the 5ghz channel manually, and in the thread I referenced above it seems possible with a firmware update. 

My modem information is: 

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W16A21008002
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B111

If it isn't possible to allow choosing the 5ghz channel manually with a firmware update, is it possible to change router to one that can that also works with the TPG Voip?

Thanks so much for your time and help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @adslc0ox, the firmware has been upgraded. You may try to check if you can change the channel on the 5GHz Wi-Fi network. If the issue persists, please let us know so we can look into this further. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @adslc0ox,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have requested a firmware upgrade and we'll see if the firmware upgrade will do the trick. We'll revert to you as soon as an update becomes available.

Riezl

Hi @adslc0ox, the firmware has been upgraded. You may try to check if you can change the channel on the 5GHz Wi-Fi network. If the issue persists, please let us know so we can look into this further. Thank you.

adslc0ox
Level 2

Thanks! It works Smiley Happy

Rica_R

Thanks for the confirmation @adslc0ox.

If you do have any outstanding issues feel free to send us message and we would be more than happy to help.