TPG Community

Get online support

Huawei HG659 can't choose 5ghz channel manually/Firmware update

SOLVED Go to solution
Level 1c

Hello, 

I have the exact same problem as https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Huawei-HG659-settings/td-p/22537

The 5ghz channel only has "Auto" for the dropdown, and it is choosing a channel that isn't supported by my devices. I would like the option to choose the 5ghz channel manually, and in the thread I referenced above it seems possible with a firmware update. 

My modem information is: 

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W16A21008002
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B111

If it isn't possible to allow choosing the 5ghz channel manually with a firmware update, is it possible to change router to one that can that also works with the TPG Voip?

Thanks so much for your time and help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @adslc0ox, the firmware has been upgraded. You may try to check if you can change the channel on the 5GHz Wi-Fi network. If the issue persists, please let us know so we can look into this further. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @adslc0ox,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have requested a firmware upgrade and we'll see if the firmware upgrade will do the trick. We'll revert to you as soon as an update becomes available.

Hi @adslc0ox, the firmware has been upgraded. You may try to check if you can change the channel on the 5GHz Wi-Fi network. If the issue persists, please let us know so we can look into this further. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 1c

Thanks! It works Smiley Happy

Thanks for the confirmation @adslc0ox.

If you do have any outstanding issues feel free to send us message and we would be more than happy to help.