Huawei hg659

Camera
Level 3

I have a Huawei HG659 modem router supplied by TPG less than a year ago.  In recent months, one of the band dropoff frequently.  Sometimes it is 2.4GHz and sometimes it is 5GHz gone.  The most often is 2.4GHz gone.  It will come back sometimes if I turn the modem off for half an hour or so but it loses again later.  I have checked the setup and everything is okay.  Please help.

21 REPLIES 21
Shane

Hi @Camera,

Welcome to the community!

Wireless dropouts usually fix by a power cycle of the modem/router. If this not fix the issue we did a few article that will help you improve your wireless connection stability.

Please see the article below.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Camera,

Thanks for sending me your details. I ran initial tests on your service it shows multiple dropouts and a possible line fault. I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

Feel free to drop me your best contact number and preferred time.

Cheers!

Camera
Level 3

I don’t know what’s wrong with the telephone system.  I was here with my phone all the time and never missed a call but your technician only let message to my voice box instead of really calling me.  My phone doesn’t have any missed calls record from TPG.

Erika

Hi @Camera

I understand. Based on the report that I can see here, they've tried to call you thrice since yesterday. They've also sent an SMS. 

Nonetheless, let us know your best contact time tomorrow and we'll rearrange this for you. 

Regards, 

Camera
Level 3

I am okay anytime, even now.  My phone is with me.  I didn't receive their SMS nor calls.  Just voice messages.

Shane

Hi @Camera,

We arranged another call from one of our Technicians today between 11-12NN. Make sure to keep your mobile phone with you. Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Camera
Level 3

Definitly there is something wrong with TPG phone system.  I have my phone with me all the time.  The signal is strong and your techician still sending me SMS and left message in my voice box at 11:12am.  Something very wrong.

Shane

Hi @Camera,

We've seen that our Technicians tried to call you, but it did not go through. If the call did go through the voice mail, there is a chance that your mobile handset is set to ignore incoming call from an unknown or unregistered number. Else, if you have a different contact number that we can use, we'll re-arrange another call.

Regards,

Camera
Level 3

100% not.  I just received a spam call from nowhere telling me that if I didn't reply a warrant will be issued to arrest me.  Only TPG calling me is not working.