TPG Community

Get online support

I can not find my wireless connection, but can see others

SOLVED Go to solution
yankee101
Level 2

I have a Toshiba Dynabook 55 with Windows 10 Pro and am using a tp-link AX5400 Hybrid W-Fi6 Modem router. The computer has a Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3165 card.

I can see and use the wireless connection from the modem router for my other computers and use the Wi-Fi  on my mobile phones, but I am unable to do so on the Dynabook.  Other WiFi connections show up on available networks, but not mine.

I've gone through all the various trouble shooting steps and uploaded the latest driver for the card, but no matter what I do my wireless connection will not show up.

The router is new and I had no problems with connecting to the Internet with the previous router modem.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yankee101
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Based on your reply, here is what I did:

1. Removed and reinstalled the most current  up to date driver.  Result was the same.

2. Checked to see what other drivers were in the computer.

3. Uninstalled the latest driver and installed the first driver that came with the laptop.

5. Installed it and bang - my wireless network and connection showed up.

I can now use that laptop. 

Evidently there was something in the new, up to date driver that conflicted with the new wireless router.

Now, I just have to make sure that the driver is never updated or I will lose the connection again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @yankee101

Aside from updating the driver for the Intel card, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall it?

Have you also tried to rename your WiFi network and try changing the Wireless channels? 

How far are you from the modem/router using your Dynabook? 

BasilDV

yankee101
Level 2

Hi,

1. Removed and reinstalled the most current  up to date driver.  Result was the same.

3. Uninstalled the latest driver and installed the first driver that came with the laptop.

Evidently there was something in the new, up to date driver that conflicted with the new wireless router.

Now, I just have to make sure that the driver is never updated or I will lose the connection again.

Shane

Hey @yankee101

Glad to know that re-installing the driver did the trick! For future inquiries feel free to drop us a message here in the community or create a new thread.

Should you require assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

Hi,