TPG Community

Get online support

Iinet cable modem Kaon CG3000, I want to reset my IP to assign another

lanza3496
Level 2

Can't figure out how to do it. looking for some help or advice. Rung iinet with not much help the lady didn't know what i was talking about so left it at that.

to my understanding i'm a dynamic IP

modem is a kaon cg30000

6 REPLIES 6
lanza3496
Level 2

On modem reset, wait 15mins > back on
only thing that changes is my ipv6

BasilDV

Hi @lanza3496 

Are you trying to configure the modem/router with your TPG service?

Do you know what type of NBN technology you have?

Please send us a private message with your account details for further checking.

BasilDV

lanza3496
Level 2

Sent you a pm, i'm just wondering why i'm not able to change my IP what so ever, even with multiple modem restarts and CMD prompts

BasilDV

Hi @lanza3496 

You may need to contact iiNet support for further assistance as we operate separately from them.

Contact them on: https://www.iinet.net.au/contact

BasilDV

lanza3496
Level 2

I've tried with iinet, they've told me they cannot even assign me a new IP. I said to them, say for instance i was expericing an attack on my network. Are you telling me i have to wait out the attack because you cannot assign me a new IP. And left it at that

more interested in if anyone has any ideas to how i can do it Kaon CG3000

david64
Level 15

@lanza3496 . The Kaon unit seems to be for accessing the internet via cable TV connection, not NBN. 

You can find the ip address used in the internet connection by entering    whatismyip.com   in your browser. You can check this at different times during the day, and after restarting the Kaon.

This address might be different from the internal address used in iiNet's network.

You say your ip address should be dynamic and it doesn't change. Where do you see this address?