Install new NBN modem

nthuynh5
Level 2

I bought a new modem from TPG. IT is TP-Link VX420-G2V. When I install it to our NBN internet, I have a problem : after selecting the WiFi name and enter the password, a notice pop up : "Your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured". I follow their advise to wait, then stop & retart, I did many time without success.

I search this forum and find that someone had a similar problem, and TPG Technician can help to fix this. I hope a Technician can read this post and help me.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @nthuynh5

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it shows that the service has been activated.

Also, we've detected that the service is online.

Are you using the old modem/outer or the new one?

You may also check this article that will guide you on how to configure the new modem/router manually if still needed.

BasilDV

nthuynh5
Level 2

Thanks for your help.

I only use the new modem when I try connect it to NBN. We want to have internet all the time, so I have to use the old one, because it's OK. Therefore when you checked my service, you check the old modem !

Please let me know the date and time when you want to check the new one, I will connect it to NBN box.

Regards

Ahra_G

Hi @nthuynh5,

Looking at your account, it shows that there is already a Tech officer assigned for the call back.

I've organise the call on 22 December 2021 between 1-2PM AEDT. 

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

nthuynh5
Level 2
Thanks for your help. Today I can connect my new modem to NBN system.
Shane

We are glad to know that the new modem/router is now connected, happy holidays !

Thanks for your help. Today I can connect my new modem to NBN system.