TPG Community

Get online support

Is TPG Blocking Ports (Port Fowarding not functioning)?

SOLVED Go to solution
lampet
Level 3

Can TPG confirm if they are blocking ports? I can't get port fowarding to work for a WiFi IP camera on my Netgear D6300 Moden/Router. I am 99.9% confident that I have the correct router settings, but can't access any port from outside the network, no matter what port number I configure for forwarding (e.g. 80, 8080, or even any port in the range 30000 to 40000).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lampet
Level 3

The camera listens on default port 80, and it's definitely being blocked somewhere. Just changing the (forwarded) port number in the router didn't work because I forgot to change the camera port to match the router port. When I changed the camera port to 8088 and forwarded that port number in the router, it worked Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @lampet . Is the ip camera something new or has it been working and just stopped?

The camera should have a fixed ip address on the local network.

Set up Dynamic DNS to handle your external ip address changing.

What is the rule you are using? External port, internal port, internal ip address, protocol.

To check camera is working, can you access it from your computer at home? Use telnet command to start a session with camera. Then use your browser to start a proper session with the camera.

You could also try enabling uPnP and let the camera set everything up.

lampet
Level 3

Hi david64,

It's an old camera, but still works via WiFi and local IP address. And I used to be able to access it over the internet via Port Forwarding.

I went through the Port Forwarding setup again, step by step but still no joy Smiley Sad

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMx2drKdk-hQobLrMFLAABy8A249PGZV/view?usp=sharing 

I'll try a different port number again.

Cheers,

Lampet

lampet
Level 3

The camera listens on default port 80, and it's definitely being blocked somewhere. Just changing the (forwarded) port number in the router didn't work because I forgot to change the camera port to match the router port. When I changed the camera port to 8088 and forwarded that port number in the router, it worked Smiley Very Happy