TPG Community

Get online support

Is TPG account locked to certain routers?

SOLVED Go to solution
Urabutreaks
Level 2
Hi gang, the Huawei HG659 router that’s been supplied with our home bundle doesn’t have enough wifi range to cover both ends of our house.

We have another previous NBN router, a NETGEAR D6200 that we used to use before getting the tpg router that I have tried plugging in and getting to work but it keeps telling me that the WAN port is unplugged, even though it very clearly is plugged in.
It doesn’t matter when I put all my ADSL settings into the internet tab and my login details, it still just says it’s unplugged no matter what I do.

I also have a New TP-Link AX6000 router that says the same thing, that the WAN port is unplugged even though it is. Same thing with this router as the netgear router when I put all my network address’s into the appropriate settings tabs and try logging in.
Just keeps saying it’s unplugged.

As soon as I swap back to the huawei router, it connects back up to the internet straight away no problem.

The Huawei router simply doesn’t have the range to cover our house and it drops connection far too often so we need to replace it with something bigger.

Is our TPG account locked to only using that HG659 router? Why won’t it connect to the other 2 routers?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ken-C

Hi there             

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identication number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you Smiley Happy

Kind regards

View solution in original post

djarmour
Level 2

If your connection is the same or similar to mine, you need to enable the wan interface to use VLAN ID 2. 

For your Netgear D6200, this may help you set up the WAN interface. 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/966359/Netgear-D6400.html?page=200#manual

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ken-C

Hi there             

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identication number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you Smiley Happy

Kind regards

djarmour
Level 2

If your connection is the same or similar to mine, you need to enable the wan interface to use VLAN ID 2. 

For your Netgear D6200, this may help you set up the WAN interface. 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/966359/Netgear-D6400.html?page=200#manual