TPG Community

Get online support

Issues with modem AX5400 VX420-G2h

SalG
Level 2

Issues with modem AX5400 VX420-G2h

I have used this modem for many months: most of the time it works fine but occasionally ( quite often recently) internet connection drops off, specially at evening hours. All I can do, as suggested in the manual and also by TPG support people, is turning the modem off and then on again in order to restore the connection. It is frustrating. Suspecting something wrong with the configuration I have tried to change it myself  but no avail: I could not even connect to the URL 192.1681.1.   

I am now considering abandon TPG and change provider. Can anybody help me to find a solution beforea I do that? Thanks. Sal

5 REPLIES 5
Angeli

Hi Sal, 

I'd like to arrange a callback with our tech team on the exact time that you are experiencing the drop outs. This way, we can determine if it is the modem that is causing the connection issue or something else. Send me a PM with your TPG customer ID or username and I'll take it from there. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Angeli

SalG
Level 2

Thanks Angeli.

My TPG ID is deleted ( username is deleted).

I cannot really say the precise time at which the drop outs occur: they generally happen after 5-6pm, but I remember that a couple of times it happened also in the early morning hours.  If it can help in your search, I live in Rosebud (VIC). 

Regards

Sal

Angeli

Hi Sal, 

The customer ID and username you included on your recent post have been deleted for your own account security. I encourage you to send it to us via private message. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

SalG
Level 2

Last night I have been waiting till late but I haven't received any call from you or anybody else.

Meanwhile another major drawback is happening. I can no longer open almost all sites on the Internet on my mobile phones when using TPG WIFI, while everything works regularly using the network data connection. The odd thing is that with the PC, with Windows, everything works regularly.

Please note that using another WIFi signal , other than TPG, the mobiles work fine. What explanation do you have for this behaviour?

Most than everything I need a correction of the problem ASAP.

Thanks

Sal

david64
Level 15

Hi @SalG . In your original post, you said you couldn't login to router admin. Are you using that exact URL or did you mistype it? (Should be 192.168.1.1.)

Having the VX420-G2h, are you on 4G wireless broadband or cabled NBN connection?

If NBN connection, what type and plan speed?

When the internet drops, do any of the VX420 lights change? (DSL, 4G, Internet, WAN, ...)

Regarding your mobile phones and TPG wifi, are they actually connecting to the wifi?

Is the PC a laptop with wifi? How does it go on the TPG wifi?

Can the phones connect to both wifi bands or just one?

What speed do the phones get when connected to wifi? In phone Settings,WiFi, tap the connection and it should show the wifi speed used.

Are there any strong signals from neighbours' wifi routers?