TPG Community

Get online support

Latest Fireware for TP-Link VX220-G2v - Sep 2022

SOLVED Go to solution
PKR
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

Just wondering if there are any newer version of firmware available for my TP-Link VX220-G2v router. It's currenly on the following:

Firmware Version: 2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n
Hardware Version: VX220-G2v v2.0 00000000

Thanking you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @PKR

We can confirm that your device is currently running on the latest firmware version.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @PKR

We can confirm that your device is currently running on the latest firmware version.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

PKR
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for confirming.

achang33
Level 2

Hi,

I have the old version of the firmware on this modem thats just been delivered, can you push me the latest version.

My:

Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220126 Rel.41720n

Hardware Version:VX220-G2v v2.0 00000000

Thanks

Shane

Hi @achang33,

Let us help check the latest firmware version available to the modem. Could you shoot us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,

I have the old version of the firmware on this modem thats just been delivered, can you push me the latest version.

My:

Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220126 Rel.41720n

Hardware Version:VX220-G2v v2.0 00000000

Thanks

maxwelloau
Level 2

Likewise i am interested in any update to the firmware for this modem. (even though recently received and it should be the latest noone knows how long it has been on the shelf or TPG cupboard) 

It is "Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n Hardware Version:VX220-G2v v2.0 00000000". 

I can only ask here these questions as there is no option to allow me to direct PM anyone at this point in the community.tpg.com.au. 

This modem is lacking any ability to backup a configuration and reload a saved configuration.  Only system section appears to be a factory default rest option.  

Also there is no Voip section in confguration even though the overview status shows a phone (this has no service number associated or shown) yet my account on TPG shows a phone service. 

Phone originally had no dial tone, but now has a disconnected dial tone, still no voip service and no emails to indicate whats happening. 

While the re-establishment of the NBN connection to this location was fairly quick and works well (on a borrowed modem for a while) having received the TPG supplied replacement  modem it seems to lack the VOIP service and has no ability to backup and restore. These things seem important to me.   

Also some sort of manual would be great as the modem does appear to be a good product, just no information because it is a subset supplied to TPG by TPlink and they say any supplort is via TPG.

Hope some progress and info is possible. 

thanks.

Shane

Hi @maxwelloau ,

Let us check the latest firmware available for the modem or router; could you send us your details via PM?

Note: The actual VoIP feature of the modem is not available as TPG VoIP is embedded in its firmware, not its software; also, the backup and restore settings features are not available on our supplied modem or router.

Regards,

maxwelloau
Level 2

thanks for the update info and explaining details.  Pity no actual user manual. 

I did PM the firmware 

It is "Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n Hardware Version:VX220-G2v v2.0 00000000". 

to you. 

Really appreciate help.  

I am sure voip team will get organised soon to enable the voip operation. 

thanks from maxwell