TPG Community

Get online support

Modem replaced Telephone service unavailable

SOLVED Go to solution
NCosti
Level 2

Hi,

I have received a new AX1500 VX220-G2v modem as a replacement for an older AC1600 Archer VR1600v which stopped working.

Before failure of the AC1600 unit (failure to boot - power light only) internet and phone with Uniden XDECT 8315 handset worked fine through our HFC service.

With the new VX220-G2x modem installed NBN connectivity has been restored but phone service has not been restored. The Phone light has not lit up outside of lamp tests on bootup of the modem, in the modem portal under Phone it lists "Telephone Status: Telephone service unavailable. Please check your account settings or register a new number."

I have contacted support previously - initial call they took the serial numbers of the old and the new unit to change the registrations on the service side which I was lead to believe should allow the new modem to get the phone connection once the configuration propagated through the network (indicated as maybe a couple of days - but still remains inoperable). More recent support request indicated that it must be a handset side issue and that the modem was connecting through when the handset was disconnected at the support technicians request. Handset fault seems unlikely given that the modem itself is reporting that the telephone service is not available - handset remains the same unit.

telephone not available.PNG

There do not appear to be any fields in which to check telephone settings nor to register a new number as the prompt indicates.

Any assistance to resolve phone connectivity would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @NCosti

For new modems or replaced ones, there are instances that we may need to manually configure the VoIP settings specially if the internet is already working. 

Let's have a look and get this sorted out. Any chance you can PM us with your TPG account details? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @NCosti

For new modems or replaced ones, there are instances that we may need to manually configure the VoIP settings specially if the internet is already working. 

Let's have a look and get this sorted out. Any chance you can PM us with your TPG account details? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G