TPG Community

Get online support

Moved apartment with new plan

Blurzz
Level 2
I moved to a new apartment with a new NBN plan with TPG. I received a message from TPG that my NBN service is awating activation. I watched the 2 min video and it mentioned about an NCD which I have no idea about. I only have the modem which the tpg customer service mentioned is all I need for the new NBN. Will I still be able to connect to the internet with just my modem? Or do I need the NCD?
2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @Blurzz . What type of connection do you have in your new apartment?

Is there just a normal telephone wall socket or maybe a coaxial cable wall plate?

What is the model of the modem/wifi router?

In the video, what was the NCD model shown? It's possible the previous tenant took it.

Shane

Hi @Blurzz,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I would love to help and raise this to our NBN provisioning team, they need to confirm if there is an existing NBN-NCD box in the new apartment for the modem to work. 

To better understand the status of the new installation, drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the new address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I moved to a new apartment with a new NBN plan with TPG. I received a message from TPG that my NBN service is awating activation. I watched the 2 min video and it mentioned about an NCD which I have no idea about. I only have the modem which the tpg customer service mentioned is all I need for the new NBN. Will I still be able to connect to the internet with just my modem? Or do I need the NCD?