TPG Community

Get online support

Moving home but different cable connection

vedroelcitra
Level 2

Hi I'm moving to a new home but apparently it has a different type of connection cable. My old modem uses the phone cable but the one in the new place needs the TV cable (HFC I assume). Will the new equipment be sent to my place?

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @vedroelcitra . You should contact the resident at the new address to make sure they leave the NBN box when they move. If it is HFC, it is a small black box with coax cable to the wall socket.

If you are currently on NBN, your router will likely work at the new address. 

Ahra_G

Hi @vedroelcitra

For NBN services, there is what we call Service Class type which determines the readiness of a service address. This means an address can be remotely activated as all the equipment is available; whilst some still needs a tech visit. 

Please send your Customer ID or username via private message so we can locate your account and provide you with more information regarding the installation/activation of your service on your new address. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi I'm moving to a new home but apparently it has a different type of connection cable. My old modem uses the phone cable but the one in the new place needs the TV cable (HFC I assume). Will the new equipment be sent to my place