TPG Community

Get online support

Multiple SSID names on sagemcom fast 5866t

mymumsays
Level 3

Hi Team, 

Looking through the settings in 192.168.1.1/ for my sagemcom fast 5866t, is it possbile to have multiple SSID names on 2.4ghz or 5ghz? Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
david64
Level 15

Hi @mymumsays . Can you try turning off Band Steering. Will give access to separate SSID names.

mymumsays
Level 3

Thanks @david64 for your reply. Where in the settings can I disable band steering? 

david64
Level 15

@mymumsays . Not sure. Probably in wireless settings. You might have to go through the various menus.

mymumsays
Level 3

@david64 Yeah looked and cycled through all the menus/tabs. Googled and saw some sagemcom models have band steering settings under the advanced tab but not for 5866t. See my screenshot of 5866t. 

david64
Level 15

@mymumsays . Have a look at this. He refers to SSID names towards the end. He has managed to change his SSIDs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBS6p823oG0

david64
Level 15
mymumsays
Level 3

Nope not happening for me @david64 . Similar firmware issues as @Epyc 

bunnii
Level 3

i can see multiple SSID names 😁👍

Hardware Version = 1.0
Software Version = SGJy100058

Screenshot_20220315-190559_Settings.jpgUbuntu speedtest.png

mymumsays
Level 3

@bunnii Thanks for your recent posts, most helpful to me. I am trying to get mutiple SSID names on just 2.4ghz (not one each for 2.4ghz and 5ghz) since guest network is not a function for sagemcom 5866t. Could you advise on this? Tearing my hair out for this function.

I was previously on Nokia Fastmile (Optus) but their 5g wasnt great at my address so I swapped over to TPG. From your post history I too agreed that Nokia fastmile is less buggy, more user friendly and more customisable.