TPG Community

Get online support

NAT dropout after FTTP upgrade

usernamewithout
Level 2

For some bizarre reason, after I got my FTTP upgrade last week, my VX220-G2v modem would drop out.  

All devices on the network stops communicating to the internet like there's an outage.  I log onto the modem router, and it shows "Connected". I can go through the diagnostics, and I can ping and nslookup - the router is connected, yet for some reason, it is not NATing.

Talking to TPG Support is not helping.  They don't get it - they keep testiing the connection, and telling me nothing is wrong, yet clearly after a few hours of usage, the modem drops out.

Where can I get updated firmware, and get this fixed?

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @usernamewithout ,

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Let me see what we can do to fix this. Could you shoot me a PM with your details? Also, please post the current firmware version of the modem on this thread. 

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

For some bizarre reason, after I got my FTTP upgrade last week, my VX220-G2v modem would drop out.  

All devices on the network stops communicating to the internet like there's an outage.  I log onto the modem router, and it shows "Connected". I can go through the diagnostics, and I can ping and nslookup - the router is connected, yet for some reason, it is not NATing.

Talking to TPG Support is not helping.  They don't get it - they keep testiing the connection, and telling me nothing is wrong, yet clearly after a few hours of usage, the modem drops out.

Where can I get updated firmware, and get this fixed?

usernamewithout
Level 2

My computer is plugged in with CAT6 straight into the modem.

ping 192.168.1.1 --> All good.

ping 8.8.8.8 --> Request timed out

Log onto http://192.168.1.1, and it shows connected.

I go through Diagnostics, do the tests, and everything is successful.  The modem is connected - I can ping and nslookup from the modem console, yet my computer is unable to NAT through the modem.

Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n Hardware Version:VX220-G2v v2.0 00000000

I am currenty on hold to tech support, at 1 hour 11 minutes and still waiting to talk to someone about replacing the modem.  The previous tech did not want to hear it.

Shane

Hi @usernamewithout 

I can confirm that the modem's firmware has the latest firmware version. Can you try doing a factory reset on the modem, Let us see how it goes.

Regards,

My computer is plugged in with CAT6 straight into the modem.

ping 192.168.1.1 --> All good.

ping 8.8.8.8 --> Request timed out

Log onto http://192.168.1.1, and it shows connected.

I go through Diagnostics, do the tests, and everything is successful.  The modem is connected - I can ping and nslookup from the modem console, yet my computer is unable to NAT through the modem.

Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n Hardware Version:VX220-G2v v2.0 00000000

I am currenty on hold to tech support, at 1 hour 11 minutes and still waiting to talk to someone about replacing the modem.  The previous tech did not want to hear it.