TPG Community

Get online support

NBN - FTTB - connection with Netgear AC1200 - D6220 modem.

betty1201
Level 2

Please help! I have a AC1200 D6220 modem with NBN FTTB. Been working perfectly from February to now. I can't get the modem to connect to TPG. Setup wizard keeps asking for username and password to ISP and it won't accept. I am definitely using correct credientials. IP shows 0.0.0.0. My netgear modem has more constant speeds than TP link modem TPG supplied. TPlink modem connects without any problem..... 

Can't get help from TPG, can't get help from Netgear as they want money for advice. No one is willing to help. Hopefully someone out there knows the answer as I have been trying to fix this for more than 24hrs. Thanks in advance. 

9 REPLIES 9
david64
Level 15

Would you consider doing a factory reset on the Netgear? You need the admin userid and password and the wifi network name and password if you use a wifi device to configure it.

Do you have the Netgear manual? Internet has the D6220 manual.

Have the Netgear plugged into the wall socket or NBN connection box (if you have one); it can detect the type of network it's on, which may help.

Use the system log to record what happens when the router starts.

msteele1
Level 2

I have the same problem. D6220 worked fine up until a week ago and then just stopped. I can connect the TPG supplied Huawei router and it works fine.

I tried a factory reset on the Netgear, but still no joy. The logs on the device are next to useless, so not much help in troubleshooting. I haven't contacted TPG yet, but by the sounds of your expereince, it won't help much.

I am going to keep experimenting, so if I find something that works, I'll let you know.

PeterW

Hello Betty1201,

Thank you for your message and for being a part of the TPG Community.

I have attached a link here with the TPG NBN FTTB settings for you to follow.

You may want to perform a hard reset of your modem prior to the reconfiguration.

Regards

PeterW

https://www.tpg.com.au/support/general_settings_fttb

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D6220/D6220_UM_EN.pdf

PeterW

Hello msteele1,

Thanks for joining the conversation, like betty1201 I have also attached the same links for you to follow.

Good luck with your configurations.

Regards

PeterW

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D6220/D6220_UM_EN.pdf

https://www.tpg.com.au/support/general_settings_fttb

betty1201
Level 2
Appreciated! I have reset the modem that many time it’s ridiculous!
I’ve looked through all the manuals!! Nothing!!
msteele1
Level 2

I have exactly the same problem. AC1200 modem was working fine up until a couple of months ago and then just stopped connecting one night. I have tried factory reset, new Cat 6 cable, using the MAC Address of the Huawei Gateway, but all to no avail.

While the Huawei Gateway works, the Wi-Fi is extremely flaky. Common problem is having to reconnect and getting No Internet, Secured status. The Wi-Fi on my AC1200 was faultless when it was working.

It's like TPG has just hobbled these devices. None of the advice so far has added any value. Will be looking for a new ISP soon.

BasilDV

Hi @msteele1

TPG will not do such things to any third party devices as we aim for our customers to be satisfied with our service.

You may report this issue with your modem manufacturer to further check on what happened with your device.

They may require a firmware upgrade or further troubleshooting.

If you have a friend that uses a different service provider and under the same NBN technology, then you may ask them to test your third party modem if it's going to work to narrow down the issue.

BasilDV

msteele1
Level 2

So intsead of going to someone elses place, can I plug it in at my place and get TPG to perform diagnostics at their end? 

I'm happy if you run a network trace and send me the pcap file and I will try and look at it from my end.

BasilDV

Hi @msteele1

Our TPG Technician can provide you basic troubleshooting (reboot, reset and reconfigure) as we don't normally support Non-TPG modems.

You may contact your modem manufacturer for further assistance or advance troubleshooting.

It is better to use the TPG supplied modem to avoid further issues with the connection. You always have the option to turn your Netgear device as an access point if you prefer its WiFi connection.

BasilDV