TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTC refuses to connect to internet after being unplugged

tobiebright
Level 2
whilst vacuuming under our desk we unplugged our nbn fttc archer box and after replugging it it still refuses to connect to the internet, i’ve checked the wires on both the router and the modem itself and everything seems to be in order. the fttc box has a solid power light, and is flashing downstream until it becomes solid occasionally, then the upstream led light begins to flash. the online light does not turn on or flash at all. i’ve tried power cycling both the modem and the router but nothing is working. Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @tobiebright 

We'd like to have a view of your setup.

Are you able to post a picture of the cables connecting the NBN NCD box and the router?

Did you just unplugged the Archer router or both Archer and NBN NCD box?

BasilDV

tobiebright
Level 2
Apologies, I miss typed, i’m referring to an nbn hfc box. We only have the archer hfc box, and a regular tp-link router. I’ll take some photos of the setup in a minute, thank you
tobiebright
Level 2
There’s a picture of the setup. i believe the tp-link router was unplugged first, followed momentarily by the archer HFC box a few seconds after. this occurred roughly 12 hours ago now and nothing has changed. i’m pretty sure all the wires are un damaged so i’m just very confused as to why it would take so long for the HFC box to come online if it was plugged back in a minute after and no other wires were messed with? Thanks
BasilDV

Alright. Since you have an NBN ARRIS NTD box, you are under the NBN HFC technology.

The lights on the NBN NTD box should be solid, if it's flashing, then something is wrong or else it is taking some time to regain the connection from the server.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details for further checking.

BasilDV