TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Fixed Wireless Setup - connecting my existing WiFi Modem to TPG Supplied WiFi Modem

Chris1945
Level 3

I currently use a D-Link AC1750 Gigabit Cloud ADSL2+ Modem Router to connect the internet to all devices within my home. Also hard wired connected to the router are two Cloud back up hard disks and a 4G backup WiFi Modem. This system works well and I do not want to change it when we move to a NBN Fixed Wireless system soon. 

How do I connect my existing D-Link WiFi Router to the TPG supplied WiFi Router?

Thanks, Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Chris1945,

Welcome to the community!

I'd like to clarify if your 'Existing D-Link Router' is the same as D-Link AC1750 Gigabit Cloud ADSL2+ Modem Router that you mentioned.

Because if you have a separate standalone router all you need to do is to look for the settings of the router and make sure its on 'Obtain an IP Address automatically' mode.

Note: There are Routers that does not need any configuration ( will work plug and play )

Else if you'd like to use your D-Link AC1750 Gigabit Cloud ADSL2+ Modem Router to be set as a router connected to TPG's supplied NBN modem/router. We do not have information how to configure a 3rd party modem/router.

We suggest contacting the manufacturer for assistance.

Hope this help.

Cheers!

Chris1945
Level 3

Hi ShaneA, Yes my D-Link modem is a D-Link AC1750 Gigabit Cloud ADSL2+ Modem Router.

I found a youtube clip that shows how to daisy chain modems the way I want to set up my system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5QJb3O19zI

Thanks for your help. Cheers, Chris

Shane

Hi @Chris1945,

We do not have reference for advance configuration for any 3rd party modem/router.

If you wish to use 3rd party equipments (modem/routers). We recommend to contact the manufacturer for setup assistance.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!