TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC - Netgear Nighthawk Ax3000 - help - wont connect

mike999302
Level 2

Hi there, 

I have the above router, I have plugged it all incorrectly and I have attached screenshots of my settings, it will not connect. 

I have tried with the user name including tpg.com.au at the end and without

I spoke to TPG first level support and they said it's not a modem so won't work, but I see lots of other routers that are configured on this forum that appear to be similar models that are only routers. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
david64
Level 15

Hi @mike999302 . Yes, Netgear is the router and the Arris unit is the modem.

Your settings look correct.

Is there anything useful in the Netgear system log?

Has the Netgear obtained any of ip address, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS addresses?

Only suggestions on internet are a factory reset and let the router determine the settings (as much as it can) or reload the firmware (current or later version).

Internet still working on previous router?

mike999302
Level 2

Hi David, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it. 

Internet still works fine when I switch back to the TP-link. (using the same cable etc)

I have updated the firmware on the nighthawk

I have factory reset the NBN box and the problem persists. 

I have attached the logs and the status information. It looks to me like no connection is made at all? 

Hard to tell what the issue actually is, is there anything else I can try do you think?

david64
Level 15

@mike999302 . I don't know what startup looks like on HFC. I expected there would be more on the log. Can you turn the router off for a minute and back on, give it some time to try to connect, then get the log. If you can save it to your computer, then copy and paste into this thread. 

mike999302
Level 2

The logs have basically nothing in them, i did that as well and the logs were basically the same, mentions nothing about trying to connect. 

I have logged a ticket and went through some troubleshooting with Netgear, they have to escalate it to second level who are going to contact me in 24/48 hrs.

david64
Level 15

@mike999302 . Test to see if Netgear WAN port works. Do factory reset and put it into AP mode, connect WAN port to tplink LAN port and see if tplink recognises netgear.

mike999302
Level 2

Yes, I was wondering if there was maybe a physical fault on the routers Wan Port. I will give this a go. 

Str087
Level 2
Go to Advanced > Advanced Setup > VLAN/Bridge settings

Then select enable, by vlan tag group

Lastly change the internet vlan id to 2 and hit apply
markb7
Level 2

This was my problem as well. Thanks. Works great now