TPG Community

Get online support

NBN NCD dead (lights off, no one home)!!

SOLVED Go to solution
Walzz
Level 3

Service is down due to dead NCD. 
- Moved mains plug to an adjacent working outlet, still dead.
- Replaced IEC power cable with a working spare, still dead. 

What is my next step?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Walzz
Level 3

@BasilDV  NBN tech replaced faulty NCD. Service is now operational, thank you!Speedtest 2020-10-07b.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @Walzz 

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there's no light on the NBN NCD box, then we'd like to look into your account for further checking.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

Walzz
Level 3

@BasilDV Thanks for your reply Basil.
The NCD is definitely dead with NO lights whatsoever. (See my previous troubleshooting notes).
It needs an NBN tech to visit the site with a new modem. I'll PM my details to you after posting this reply.

NBN-network-status.jpg

BasilDV

Hi @Walzz

The case was escalated to our Engineering team and an NBN technician is booked to visit your address.

The schedule has been sent via SMS, which you need to respond to finalise the appointment.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

Walzz
Level 3

@BasilDV  NBN tech replaced faulty NCD. Service is now operational, thank you!Speedtest 2020-10-07b.jpg