TPG Community

Get online support

NBN box has no lights

SOLVED Go to solution
robbauer
Level 3

I live in Brisbane and we've had power outages due to the widespread flooding over the past week. Last night our power was restored and everything was working fine, including the NBN. However this morning (3/3/22) we had another thunderstorm and we lost power once again. About six hours later the power has come back on again, but this time there is no activity on the NBN black box. No lights at all...not even the power light. I have checked all of the cables and have also unplugged the power cable and plugged it into several other power outlets and still no response. Everything else (including the router) is working fine. Is there a problem in my area or has the black box died?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @robbauer

We don't have any idea, but it will be provided by our Engineers once they've contacted you.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @robbauer

Thanks for raising this with us.

We can confirm that your service is still listed under the affected services of an NBN outage due to severe weather.

The NBN NTD box should still show a power light even if it is affected by an outage.

If it's not getting any power, then it may be faulty.

We'll raise this to our Engineering team for further checking and a request for a replacement device.

BasilDV

robbauer
Level 3

Thanks BasilDV. 

Yes the power light is not coming on despite the power being restored to our area. So I'd say that the NBN NTD box has a problem. 

Do you have any idea as to how long a replacement may take? As I work from home it is fairly critical that I have a working internet connection.

cheers,

Rob

BasilDV

Hi @robbauer

We don't have any idea, but it will be provided by our Engineers once they've contacted you.

BasilDV