TPG Community

Get online support

NBN not working - No light for 'Online', flashing light for 'Upstream'

katrin
Level 2
NBN got installed yesterday in my apartment and activated but the internet doesn't work. 

On the NBN box - only "Power" and "Downstream" has a solid lights. "Upstream" is flashing, and "Online" has no light.

I saw another post on here with the same issue - the person ended up replacing the white cable. So I bought a new cable and replaced it. It didn't make a difference, I still get the same results as described avbove. I plugged in the original cable again and pressed the reset button on the NBN box - again still the same results as above.

I need to work at home and currently have no internet. Please help!
5 REPLIES 5
rhosmaryn
Level 3
Hello, have you tried configuring your modem manually? Connect your modem, go to 192.168.1.1 (type it in your browser address bar, the login details should be at the bottom of your modem, usually ‘admin’ for both the username and password) and go to the advanced tab. Choose ‘Network’ and then ‘DSL’ and then click edit on ‘pppoe_ptm_2_0_d’, the details you have to configure is: Username: <TPG username>
Password: <your TPG Password>
Protocol / Encapsulation / Connection Type: PPPoE (sometimes,
you'll have PPPoE LLC)
VLAN ID: 2
I hope it works for you, it didn’t work for me because I had a fault in my line, but I hope you could try it out just in case it’s because your modem wasn’t automatically configured!
Otherwise, have you tried resetting your equipment yet?
katrin
Level 2

It's not my modem that doesn't work, it's the NBN box itself. The NBN Box has no light for 'Online' which means there is no NBN network connection. 

rhosmaryn
Level 3
I heard that some people’s internet worked again after they’ve reset both their NBN box and their modem. I don’t have a NBN box because I’m on a FTTN connection so I can’t really help further, sorry
katrin
Level 2

I reset the box already, it didn't help. I think there is something wrong with the NBN connection itself. It seems it wasn't installed properly yesterday. I can't reach customer service via chat or phone (they don't have phone support right now) was hoping they reply to tickets in the community. Thank you for trying to help.

rhosmaryn
Level 3
Sorry to hear that, if you can’t reach them, I’ve recently tried to reach out too and got issue tickets by emailing helpdesk@tpg.com.au for a ticket then contacting techops@tpg.com.au and messaging +61 416 906 330. I don’t know if it would work for you, but it did for me. I hope your issue gets resolved soon, stuck inside with no internet during the pandemic is very annoying.