TPG Community

Get online support

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX6000 WiFi 6 Router

Awd90040
Level 2
I have NBN HFC connection. The TPG supplied modem is dead within 2 weeks. Now I have no internet at home. I’m just wondering does the NETGEAR AX6000 router supports for NBN HFC?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Awd90040

Thanks for your query.

If you are going to use a third party modem/router for your TPG NBN HFC service, the bundled VoIP will not work as the settings are embedded in the firmware of the supplied modem/router.

You'll be able to use a third party device as long as they are compatible with NBN technology, can be configured as PPPoE with your TPG username and password and can change the VLAN ID tagging to "2".

If the given device can accomplish the required field, then it will work with your service. You may contact Netgear support for further information.

If the supplied TP-Link modem/router is new, then it is still within the 12 Month warranty. Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check this further.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

snortie1234
Level 2

Hi,

Sorry, just clarifying your response - you can connect a Nighthawk but if the customer has a VOIP package then the phone element will not work??

Are there any workarounds?

Riezl

Hi @snortie1234, the VoIP service will not work as it is only provisioned on the TPG supplied modem and we do not provide the settings for security purposes. Thank you.