TPG Community

Get online support

New Modem Router with VoIP

MeYowls246
Level 2

Hi Everyone 

I would like to know what model modem/router with VoIP connections TPG offers for upgrades.

As I have a Huawei HG659 that is unable to update it's firmware and is not providing adequate security on wifi connection.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi ,

Welcome to the community!

We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls.

If your concern is the security of the Wireless Network of our supplied modem, you have the option to use a 3rd party router and connect it via DHCP by doing this you will not be able to maximize the VoIP feature of the TPG-NBN service.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@MeYowls246 wrote:

Hi Everyone 

I would like to know what model modem/router with VoIP connections TPG offers for upgrades.

As I have a Huawei HG659 that is unable to update it's firmware and is not providing adequate security on wifi connection.

Thanks

MeYowls246
Level 2

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

However can you tell me the brand and model of the router/modem TPG is providing to its customers for the NBN + voip.

Ahra_G

Hi @MeYowls246,

The equipment we provide will depend on the type of NBN Technology you are subscribed to.

You may refer to this article: New Connection Setup Help

However, should you decide to get a 3rd party equipment, here's a list that you can check:

High-Speed NBN BYO Modem Requirements

-Ahra_G

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

However can you tell me the brand and model of the router/modem TPG is providing to its customers for the NBN + voip.

MeYowls246
Level 2

Hello Ahra G

Thank you for your reply.

All good Smiley Happy

Ahra_G

No worries, @MeYowls246!

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Cheers!