TPG Community

Get online support

No NBN connection box

SOLVED Go to solution
63ehholden
Level 2

I've just moved into a new flat and recieved my tp-link VX220-GV2 modem but there is no NBN connection box on the property. There are 2 coax wall socket connections but no std phone connection to plug into. Should the NBN connection box be included or do I need that installed spearately? Thanks, A. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@63ehholden . You could try on Sat morning to ask the estate agent to contact previous resident to see if they took the black Arris NBN box (and coax cable and power adaptor).

Otherwise, you'll need to contact TPG again saying that the Arris box was taken by previous resident.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @63ehholden . You can check the type of NBN connection at your flat.

Go to nbnco.com.au and put in your address. 

If it is connected, it will say the type. If not connected, it will give a Service Class indicating remaining work. When you say "new flat", are you the first resident, or was there a previous resident (who may have taken the NBN box).

63ehholden
Level 2

Thanks David, the nbnco website is saying "nbn® Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) has been used in your connection to the nbn network" and my next step is to contact a service provider and or a plan - which I've already done and received the modem in the post. Does that mean I should contact TPG or NBN to get the NBN connection box sorted? 

The flat isnt new, just new to me... I can see how thats a bit confusing. Thanks, A. 

david64
Level 15

@63ehholden . You could try on Sat morning to ask the estate agent to contact previous resident to see if they took the black Arris NBN box (and coax cable and power adaptor).

Otherwise, you'll need to contact TPG again saying that the Arris box was taken by previous resident.

63ehholden
Level 2

No probs, thanks David