TPG Community

Get online support

No QoS / Bandwidth Control new TPG VX220-G2v

kimkelvin
Level 3

so i got my new TPG VX220-G2v from you guys (TPG), and i've been trying to find the QoS / Bandwidth control for the past hour now and i cant find it, TP Link page says they have it but on the router that i got from TPG doesnt have any

the router has a search bar option nothing comes up for "QoS" "bandwidth" , searching "Control" only shows parental control stuff, i really need the QoS option as i've noticed performance / bandwidth loss when someome is downloading stuff, which didnt happen before on my old router with QoS

Router : VX220-G2v
Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n 
Hardware Version:VX220-G2v v2.0 00000000

12 REPLIES 12
Shane

Hi @kimkelvin,

We will check this with our Engineers to see if our supplied modem supports QoS feature. We'll provide the update on this thread as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,

so i got my new TPG VX220-G2v from you guys (TPG), and i've been trying to find the QoS / Bandwidth control for the past hour now and i cant find it, TP Link page says they have it but on the router that i got from TPG doesnt have any

the router has a search bar option nothing comes up for "QoS" "bandwidth" , searching "Control" only shows parental control stuff, i really need the QoS option as i've noticed performance / bandwidth loss when someome is downloading stuff, which didnt happen before on my old router with QoS

Router : VX220-G2v
Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n 
Hardware Version:VX220-G2v v2.0 00000000

kimkelvin
Level 3

thanks it should have as the official TP Link website about the said router / modem has one

https://www.tp-link.com/au/service-provider/xdsl/vx220-g2v/ 

features.png

Shane

Hi @kimkelvin,

TPG loads it's custom firmware on our supplied modem/router so that it can match with the system and security purposes. 

Regards,

thanks it should have as the official TP Link website about the said router / modem has one

https://www.tp-link.com/au/service-provider/xdsl/vx220-g2v/ 

kimkelvin
Level 3
i hope its possible to get a firmware update for this as i needed that option and was hoping that the newer router already has one because the one i had from you guys from 2016 has one
BasilDV

Hi @kimkelvin

The QoS feature is not available in the modem/router interface, but adjustments should it be needed can be done by our Support team.

You may shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted by our Support team.

BasilDV

palaeontology8
Level 2

Hi I would also like to enable QOS on my router, same model also with TPG. 

Can you please advice.

Ahra_G

Hi @palaeontology8

Send in your TPG account details via PM so we can check what type of service you have and your current modem's make & model.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

febeslab65
Level 2

Hi, please I am also trying to use QoS feature of same modem provided by TPG, thanks.

Shane

Hi @febeslab65 ,

The QoS feature is not available in the modem/router interface. May we know the reason why you need to access the QoS?

Regards,

Hi, please I am also trying to use QoS feature of same modem provided by TPG, thanks.