TPG Community

Get online support

Non supplied TPG modem / router support

pctech02
Level 2

Hi TPG,

You have some pages on the community which list various modem / routers etc. you support for the TPG service.

NBN BYO Modem Hardware Compatibility - TPG Community

List of Non-TPG supplied Modem/Routers for use with TPG NBN BYO Data Only Plans - TPG Community

I notice Netgear Nighthawk 7000 and some other variants are listed.

But the Netgear Nighthawk 8000 is not listed as supported - is this an oversight or is it not actually supported.

I currently use the TPG supplied HUAWEI appliance and have VOIP service as well, but being chinese built have reservations on it's privacy compliance. Already had the Netgear Nighthawk 8000 so would prefer to use it as the primary router if possible.

Is there a reason I cannot switch over (don't want to try it and lose connection if it not supported).

Thankyou...

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pctech02,

The modem/routers that we have on our list have all been tested by our Engineering Team. You may still use a non-listed modem for the internet as long as it is compatible with an NBN connection or a VDSL2+ modem/router.

If you are on TPG BYO modem plans, you can establish the internet by simply using the TPG username and password, and for those with the original TPG-NBN plans that came with VoIP, you will need a VDSL modem/router. The internet requires the VLAN ID to be set on '2' and PPPoE credentials (TPG Username and Password) to establish an internet connection.

Regards,

Hi TPG,

You have some pages on the community which list various modem / routers etc. you support for the TPG service.

NBN BYO Modem Hardware Compatibility - TPG Community

List of Non-TPG supplied Modem/Routers for use with TPG NBN BYO Data Only Plans - TPG Community

I notice Netgear Nighthawk 7000 and some other variants are listed.

But the Netgear Nighthawk 8000 is not listed as supported - is this an oversight or is it not actually supported.

I currently use the TPG supplied HUAWEI appliance and have VOIP service as well, but being chinese built have reservations on it's privacy compliance. Already had the Netgear Nighthawk 8000 so would prefer to use it as the primary router if possible.

Is there a reason I cannot switch over (don't want to try it and lose connection if it not supported).

Thankyou...